• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

carbide

1. R

Hunter #1 Hercules Carbide Tool

The Hunter #1 Hercules Carbide Tool is new in the original package and includes the Hunter #1 Hercules Carbide Tool, #1 carbide cutter and a Torx wrench. It includes the items shown in the picture. The Hunter #1 Hercules Carbide Tool is a smaller version of the robust and hardworking #3...
  2. J

homemade carbide tool questions

A friend made me a set of carbide cutters without handles (like Easy Wood Tools). I have a couple of questions: 1. He did not know what angle to grind the tip under the carbide cutter (is clearance angle the correct term?). So what angle should I grind this? 2. He made them out of 1/2 inch...
  3. John Torchick

Turning tool to buy?

I still consider myself as a newbie as I have not turned near as much as many of you. I'm asking Santa for some $$$$ to buy a decent quality tool. Right now I have a HF set that is being sharpened by a member of our turning club. I was looking at the Easy Wood Tools in the Woodcraft magazine...
Back