• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

cedar

1. Resized_Resized_IMAGE_639

Resized_Resized_IMAGE_639

Cedar Candle Holder
  2. Toothpick Holder in Cedar

Toothpick Holder in Cedar

This is my version of a toothpick holder I first saw on Youtube. I fell in love with the idea and here it is as I saw it. Everyone really likes the fit and finish and really love it. It is built of laminated cedar with a cherry ball pull.
  3. Toothpick Holder in Cedar Opened

Toothpick Holder in Cedar Opened

This is my version of a toothpick holder I first saw on Youtube. I loved the idea and everyone who has seen it has been delighted. It is a fun project and a great little showpiece.
  4. Cedar Tulip

Cedar Tulip

This piece is made of cedar and has a closed tulip effect.
  5. Alaskan yellow cedar....

Alaskan yellow cedar....

A box turned from an aptly named wood. The wood is very soft and lightweight. Finished up at 2 1/2" in both directions.
  6. Cedar Hollow Vessel

Cedar Hollow Vessel

7. Cedar Hollow Vessel w Lid

Cedar Hollow Vessel w Lid

8. Cedar Storm

Cedar Storm

Aromatic Cedar 10 inches in diameter. Really nice grain pattern and it looked like the recent hurricane lineup in the Atlantic.
  9. Flourishing Bulb

Flourishing Bulb

This is a piece of cedar about 6"w x 5" h. I turned it then carved with dremel type tool around rim.
  10. Cedar Bowl

Cedar Bowl

This cedar has some very vivid coloring. Don't you think?
  11. Twining

Twining

Cedar, jute, brass, 9.5d x 3.375t I was unable to find cord of the diameter I desired, so I twisted my own from jute twine. The interesting fact here - it required 13 feet of twine to make the four strand cord circling this small piece.
  12. Natural Edge Cedar Crater Bowl

Natural Edge Cedar Crater Bowl

This piece of cedar from North Carolina had some amazing figure and once I turned the edge to about 3/32 I decided to leave much of the mass, and create a "bowl-within-a-bowl" form.
  13. Red Cedar Vessel

Red Cedar Vessel

6 3/4" x 3 1/2
  14. Cherries and Cream Candy...Dish

Cherries and Cream Candy...Dish

Made of Salt Cedar Burl, with Pecan and Bloodwood for the stem and base. Measures 7"x4.5" and has a Tung Oil finish. It seems like I'm the first to post a Salt Cedar piece. If you are unfamiliar this stuff is an invasive species, extremely hardy and resistant to eredacation...
  15. Hollow Sphere

Hollow Sphere

Cedar hollow sphere, teak oiled, buffed, waxed.
  16. Cedar Bowl

Cedar Bowl

Same bowl, different side.
  17. Cedar Bowl

Cedar Bowl

Here's a bowl I turned from a cedar tree my neighbor had taken down.
  18. Small Cedar Bowl #3

Small Cedar Bowl #3

19. Small Cedar Bowl #2

Small Cedar Bowl #2

20. Small Cedar Bowl #1

Small Cedar Bowl #1

Back