• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

center

1. John Torchick

Turning between centers and tools

My grandson took a pen turning class at Woodcraft a few weeks ago. When we were working on a pen, he said that the instructor said to turn the ends of the blank to the proper diameter. OK, I thought about this yesterday while turning pens. I had a blank that I needed to salvage (see my thread...
  2. Bird of Passage

Bird of Passage

This is a turned off center platter with inlays. The platter is cocbolo. The inlaid black sticks are ebony. The domed circles are 24K gold leaf and are also inlaid.
  3. Off-Center Ash Bowl 5260

Off-Center Ash Bowl 5260

This ash bowl is a bit of a departure from the bleached series that I've recently posted. It is, however, a logical progression from one that I previously posted, 5245, with an off-center influence added. This bowl measures about 9 inches across. It has been gently sandblasted, dyed and treated...
Back