• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

class

1. John Torchick

WIT

Women in turning seems to be catching (no pun intended) on. Several weeks ago, my wife was asking about a scroll saw. I posted this on another forum and got good advice including an offer of a good used scroll saw to get her started. OK, to continue. I had a doctor's appointment at the VA in...
  2. John Torchick

Grandson really into turning!

We finally got our schedules together. My wife and I got him a "Christmas gift" for a penturning class at our local Woodcraft store. Only took 10 months to get together. He turned one blank yesterday and found it had worm holes. When he got down so far, we could see the tube. The wood let...
  3. Rusty Fleeman

Turning Lessons

I'm starting to get several requests to give turning lessons. While I know I too still have much to learn, I also know I do have plenty of knowedge to share. For those of you who give lessons, when did you know you were ready and what is a reasonable rate to charge for beginner level instruction?
Back