• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

danish oil

1. Poplar Bowl

Poplar Bowl

9 inch by 4 inch poplar.
  2. Poplar Bowl

Poplar Bowl

9 inch by 4 inch poplar. I'm a bit surprised that poplar with no added color can be so pretty. Finished with Danish Oil and Beall Buffing.
  3. Butternut Bowl 8.5 inch by 4 inch tall

Butternut Bowl 8.5 inch by 4 inch tall

Not sure if this is "crotch" or not. It's my last piece of this wood. It was not identified when I got it. My best guess is Butternut??? Finished with Tried and True Danish Oil and Beall Buffing.
  4. Maple Burl Bowl

Maple Burl Bowl

12 inch x 6 inch maple burl bowl with Tried and True Danish oil and Carnuba wax
  5. Zach LaPerriere

Oil finish thickness

I'm a traditionalist, or at least I've been accused of being one. I use finishes with no synthetic thinners. I'm moving away from walnut oil in favor of Tried and True Original finish, which is mostly linseed with some bees wax. I've also played around with Danish oil and their varnish...
  6. Emiliano Achaval

Danish Oil mishap and Advice

I just got back from Argentina. I did a demos and gave a lesson there. The AAW donated 14 tools to a school for handicapped kids learning life skills, they have 2 lathes and some home made scrapers, now they will be improving a lot with some real tools... I took several Koa pieces as...
  7. Emiliano Achaval

WATCO Danish Oil

WATCO not watch I bought a few gallons of Danish oil a few years ago, to finish some Norfolk Island Pine bowls, Ron Kent style. Hate it to turn something so wet, you had to wear a raincoat, and made a mess of everything. So, I gave up on that. Now I found a lost gallon in my shop. I want to use...
Back