• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

jet 1236

1. Jamie Straw

Jet 1236 question

Hi everyone, I've missed the forum, and hoping to spend more time here starting now. :cool: I'm teaching at a big facility that has several lathes, one of which is a Jet 1236. I'm quite familiar with this model, since I own an older version that has been more than a bit of a pain. The lathe in...
  2. Jamie Straw

Know now why Beall mandrel won't seat fully in my MT-2

It took awhile to figure out, but I now know why the Beall buffing system mandrel doesn't seat fully in my Jet 1236 Morse taper (headstock). All of my drive centers have an area at the end of the taper where the diameter is smaller, like a rabbet at the end (see picture below). Inside the...
Back