• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

jim mclain

1. Cherry Vase with Carving and Turquoise inlay waterfall

Cherry Vase with Carving and Turquoise inlay waterfall

This is my first attempt to create something similar to Jim McLain's wonderful works. I have a long way to go to reach his level, but happy with the coloring of my "stone work". His works below: https://www.aawforum.org/community/media/horno-chaco.20129/
  2. John Turpin

Bowl hunting on vacation

The wife and I just spent a week vacationing in northern New Mexico. While in and out of galleries and museums, I was constantly on the hunt for wooden bowls. Most of the bowls I found were clay/pottery, but I still took loads of pictures of these for my "inspiration" files. I was delighted...
Back