• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

kiln

1. Al Chavez

Thoughts on possible D.I.Y. Kiln

I’ve been playing around with a small lathe and I’m considering a larger one. Both flatwork and lathe work seem like they would benefit from being able to kiln dry wood. I am starting to consider a wood drying kiln for prepping both lumber and wood turning blanks and roughed out bowls/vessels...
  2. N

Nyle L53 Dehumidification System for sale

We are selling our Nyle L53 dehumidification kiln system. Purchased in 2015. We've upgraded to a larger system. Here is the info on the L53: https://www.nyle.com/lumber-drying-systems/units/l53/ Asking $3000. Location: Woodstock, VT Contact: email - nmaslowski@andrewpearcebowls.com
  3. N

Complete Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln with Chamber and Delmhorst Moisture Meter

This is a complete system, ready to go. The chamber is a spray-foam insulated shipping container, measuring 8’x10’. We’ve been drying cherry and black walnut cutting board length wood for a few years with no issues. We’re upgrading to a bigger size kiln. The Nyle system works great. We use the...
  4. M

Humidity vs temp in freezer kiln

I finished my freezer kiln today. It has a temperature controller that turns on and off 2 40 watt bulbs to regulate the temp i set. It has a humidity controller that turns off and on a fan based on a humidity range i set. Now i need a procedure to set each of these when i load it and as the...
  5. John Torchick

DIY Kiln from old refrigerator

I have looked at eHow and got some info on this DIY project. I wanted to check with the experts as I'm sure that some of you have followed this path for a kiln. Been saving an old referigerator for this- runs but doesn't cool. I'm thinking all the freon is gone. Not worth fixing. Looking...
Back