• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

locust

1. Off center Goblet

Off center Goblet

Locust Burl and Rosewood. Love this piece. It's my first off-center goblet.
  2. Locust tea lite candle holder

Locust tea lite candle holder

Live edge locust tea light candle holder. 6.5” x 2”. Club challenge.
  3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth

Sculpted Honey Locust Vessel. 29" across by 23" by 17 high.
  4. Nat Edge Fence Post Bowl

Nat Edge Fence Post Bowl

I turned this from part of a split weathered post a friend gave me. It's split edges were left on the side of the bowl, and of course, the natural edge is the rim. The wood looks to be a kind of Locust, but someone mentioned it could be Chestnut. I've never turned any Chestnut, so it seems...
  5. Black Locust Lidded Vessel

Black Locust Lidded Vessel

This is a beautiful and unusually colored piece of black locust with sapwood. The yellow sapwood is not stained! The lid and foot are made of cherry that was tinted for more contrast.
  6. Flower Goblets

Flower Goblets

Roughly 2.75"x9.5" ea Blue = eucalyptus & bay, pink = eucalyptus & buckeye, orange = locust & pear Just fun variations on my flower goblet idea.
  7. Flower Goblet II

Flower Goblet II

2.75"x9.5", Pear & Honey Locust. Dyed and painted. The foot & leaf stem is turned from pear while the flower was turned from honey locust then inserted. Carving done with rotary tools. Relieved grain achieved using 3M radial bristle wheels. All comments welcome!
  8. AAW Forum contest entry

AAW Forum contest entry

"gold" leaf and gilt varnish, top view.
  9. AAW Forum contest entry

AAW Forum contest entry

Black locust. Burned, dyed and gilded. 6.25" diameter.
Back