• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

mallet

1. Croquet Set

Croquet Set

A present to my daughter. Mixed woods.
  2. Gary Norton

Mallet

Mallet from machinery pallet scrap, I drilled and threaded this one after roughing it round. Should have done the drilling first but it worked. WWWWWWWWWWWW
  3. Bill Boehme

Vote Now -- October Turning Challenge (voting has ended)

The October Turning Challenge was to turn a mallet. Now it is time for forum members to vote. The voting starts now and ends at midnight UTC on October 31. You are allowed one vote and once you have voted you won't be able to go back and change your vote. After you have voted you will be able...
  4. 1st Carvers Mallet

1st Carvers Mallet

My interpretation of The Carvers Mallet. Maple, still Green. Sanded to-400. Minwax - Finishing Paste Wax.
  5. Woodworker's Mallet

Woodworker's Mallet

I used some stock left over from other projects to turn this woodworker's mallet. The handle is walnut with a very distinct demarkation line between the heart and sap woods. It extends into the head about 2 1/2" and is attached with 2-part epoxy. The head is pear. Overall Length...
Back