• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

olive

1. Goblet on a Branch

Goblet on a Branch

This is a natural edge Goblet inspired by Terry Martin. It is made from Olive and is about 4 inches high by 4.5 inches in diameter. It was made in July 2022
  2. Natural Edge Bowl

Natural Edge Bowl

Natural Edge Bowl in olive wood, 7" x 5", 3" H and 1/8" walls, lacquer finish.
  3. Olivewood with Slumped glass

Olivewood with Slumped glass

Spanish olivewood hollow form finished with clear coat. Accented with slumped glass Private collection of Kel McKnaughton
  4. Russian Olive Bowl_07

Russian Olive Bowl_07

This Russian Olive bowl was fun to turn. The rim has been lightly trimmed using the Sorby texturing tool. I think the small trim gives a little added dressing up to the bowl. The finish is Mahoney Walnut Oil. This bowl measures 9" w by 2 1/2" h and is buffed and waxed with...
  5. Ebony rim series, olive wood bowl

Ebony rim series, olive wood bowl

Olive wood bowl with ebony rim (w/veneer separator)
  6. Olive Hollow Vessel

Olive Hollow Vessel

4 3/4"h x 4"w Olive with 7 coats lacquer finish.
  7. Olive pentagon bowl

Olive pentagon bowl

This is the latest in this series of bowls that I have been turning. This particular one started as a 9" by 3
  8. Olive with Ebony collar

Olive with Ebony collar

About 5 x 2 inches. The finish is General Finishes' Seal-A-Cell and buffed with the Beall system. I have been trying to make these collars as thin as possible. I like the way they finish off a piece. Now I look at some of my first collars and they look real clunky. All comments welcome.
  9. Olive bowl

Olive bowl

9.75 in. x 4.25 in. This piece was commissioned by a co-worker after I sold her some olive spheres. This bowl has a small bead foot about one sixteenth of an inch tall so it looks like it's sitting on a very thin ring. Olive is one of my favorite woods to turn. This piece of wood came from...
  10. Mediterranean Olive

Mediterranean Olive

These trees were planted around Phoenix, AZ as landscape for homes, golf courses, etc. They have great figure. Olive is one of my best sellers.
  11. Olive Bowl with 3 feet

Olive Bowl with 3 feet

Real Olive from Greece wax finish (due to high oil content in wood, didn't need anything else).
Back