• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

open

1. Desire

Desire

Here is the latest piece in my Open Spiral series. This is a commissioned work and the buyer has been calling frequently, so I named the piece Desire. The body of the piece was created during the filming of my instructional DVD showcasing my Cable Driven Router System. Size is 19 tall x 13...
  2. Solar Wind

Solar Wind

Open Spiral Ash sculpture symbolizing the powerful winds blowing throughout the universe. This is the most technically accurate piece in my open spiral series. Size: 14" wide x 16" tall All comments are appreciated thanks.
  3. the Phoenix

the Phoenix

This is the first piece of my open spiral series, entitled "the Phoenix" ("the Fury", shown in my gallery is the second of the series). The Phoenix was my entry into a local woodturning competition titled "It Grows on Trees which featured works made from trees taken by...
  4. Concentration

Concentration

Open segmented vase. Maple and bloodwood. 336 segments. 10" x 11"
  5. "Lorentz Attractor"

"Lorentz Attractor"

Open form in pear with faint concentric circular swirls on interior suggestive of a Lorentz Attractor phase-space trajectory. High Resolution Image of Interior: http://www.lathescapes.com/HiResImages/LorentzAttractor2.JPG Base Diameter: 1 3/4" Height: 3 3/4" Max Diameter at...
  6. Isabel's Phoenix I

Isabel's Phoenix I

Natural Edge open form harvested from a Chestnut Oak tree toppled by hurricane ISABEL. Finished with two coats of Original Waterlox and wet sanded to 1000 grit with lemon oil. Base Diameter:2" Maximum Width: 12 3/8" dia. Maximum Hieght: 7 1/2" Wall Thickness: 1/4&quot...
  7. "Ringelformig"

"Ringelformig"

Cherry Natural Edge Open Form Ringelformig is a German translation of the English word Convolute, an object turned in on itself... Base" 1 3/4" dia. Height: 4 1/4" Width at widest point: 7" Wall Thickness: 1/8" Finish: Waterlox & Arborwax
Back