• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

ornamental lathe

1. Bottom of a blackwood box ornamented with the GP-3 rosette

Bottom of a blackwood box ornamented with the GP-3 rosette

Bottom of a blackwood box ornamented with the GP-3 rosette
  2. African blackwood box with 6-pointed scalloped star turned on MDF rose engine

African blackwood box with 6-pointed scalloped star turned on MDF rose engine

African blackwood box with 6-pointed scalloped star turned on MDF rose engine
  3. Ornamental Turned Castles

Ornamental Turned Castles

Castle Bottles made of African Blackwood & Pink Ivory wood These were made on the Holtzapffel Ornamental Lathe and the Rose Engine lathe. 3 & 1/2" to 5" tall.
  4. michael alguire

Rose engine build

Building my first rose engine and so far I'm having fun. I will modify a few things for my liking. Next thing is my rossettes and then I'll make the cutting frame and all the rollers. It's a learning curve for sure so I'll start basic first.
  5. billooms

Rose Engine Simulator

At the request of a number of people at the Ornamental Turning Symposium, I've made my 3D Rose Engine Surface simulator software available. This software enables the user to visualize a 3D view of the surface cut by an ornamental lathe. Whether you have an inexpensive MDF Rose Engine or a...
Back