• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

osage

1. Osage Orange vase

Osage Orange vase

Osage Orange vase / hollow form. Burned and textured with faux ebony finial. 12" tall
  2. Resized_Resized_IMAGE_633

Resized_Resized_IMAGE_633

Bloodwood Finial, Osage Bowl and Lid, Mahogany Base
  3. Osage orange vessel with lacquer

Osage orange vessel with lacquer

7x5 osage orange vessel
  4. Mushrooms

Mushrooms

About 3 in tall, osage orange (monkey ball tree). NGR stains, teak oil and shellac.
  5. Osage Orange Box

Osage Orange Box

The finial is a 3 piece w/Ebony and Paduak. 3.5x6.5 I had a "design opportunity." While shortening and flattening the bottom I "designed" a nice little crack on the rim. It now is carved out for a place to put your finger to pry it open. Decent save. The piece was...
  6. Nat Edge Osage Orange

Nat Edge Osage Orange

Natural Edge Bowl Osage Orange crotch Gel Poly finish 3-1/2 x 6-1/2
  7. Scepter Detail

Scepter Detail

Detail of Osage Orange Scepter
  8. Fit for a Queen

Fit for a Queen

Scepter Osage Orange and Bloodwood accents 15 x 1-1/8 Lacquer Finish Rough turned, drilled w/ indexing attachment, Bloodwood plugs glued in, then finished turned and sanded. Sort of a gag gift for a forum moderator I know. And yes the wood is highlighter yellow naturally.
  9. Osage Orange Burl Hollow Form

Osage Orange Burl Hollow Form

There was some punk / bark inclusion that I decided to leave, I am really beginning to like inclusions in wet wood turnings. This bowl is 5 1/2 inches in diameter and 3 1/8 inches high. Finished with olive oil and bee's wax. As always, questions, comments and/or critique invited.
  10. Osage Orange Hollow Vessel

Osage Orange Hollow Vessel

Osage Orange Hollow Vessel with Ebony Rim 6 1/2"h x 7"w Lacquer finish
  11. Osage Orange Wedding Gift

Osage Orange Wedding Gift

9" dia Osage Orange Bowl, with deft finish.
Back