• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

paint

1. Mardi Gras

Mardi Gras

"Mardi Gras" 13.5"h x 10.5"w x 2.5"d. Turned, carved, acrylic paint.
  2. Norberta

Norberta

Silver Maple egg and Black Cherry base. The hot topic seems to be embellishment; funny timing, as this piece has a bunch of it! I used a round burr and carved away and stippled sections of the egg. Then I burned a fragment pattern on the surface, and lightly charred the egg with a torch...
  3. Waves of Grass view 2

Waves of Grass view 2

Experimenting with interference paints can be a lot of fun! Some of those who visited my demonstration at the Seattle Woodturners October mini-Symposium may recognize this luminary as being pyrographed and ready to start piercing. I call this one Waves of Grass. Sugar maple 4 inch diameter 6...
  4. Waves of Grass

Waves of Grass

Experimenting with interference paints can be a lot of fun! Some of those who visited my demonstration at the Seattle Woodturners October mini-Symposium may recognize this luminary as being pyrographed and ready to start piercing. I call this one Waves of Grass. Sugar maple 4 inch diameter 6...
  5. 2021 Ornaments

2021 Ornaments

Groupings of my 2021 Ornaments. Hollow globes (Maple or Cherry) with Holly icicles and/or hangers & caps. All are covered with crushed eggshells (except one). Approx. size ranges from 2¼ - 2½”ø x 4”- 6½ tall. All are a little different (shape, design, colors) but use the same techniques...
  6. 2021 Ornaments (a few more)

2021 Ornaments (a few more)

Groupings of my 2021 Ornaments. Hollow globes (Maple or Cherry) with Holly icicles and/or hangers & caps. All are covered with crushed eggshells (except one). Approx. size ranges from 2¼ - 2½”ø x 4”- 6½ tall. All are a little different (shape, design, colors) but use the same techniques...
  7. John Torchick

Turning a clock face

I'm wanting to turn some clock faces that look like archery targets. What wood do you suggest? Nothing stained but painted with circles. I'll see if I can find a target face as an example.
  8. T

Jet touch up paint?

Anyone know of a source for some touch up paint for Jet products?:)
  9. Scat!

Scat!

Cork Oak, gold leaf, pyrography, acrylic paint 6.75d x 5t Protecting her nest, a mockingbird swoops boldly upon the cat. These feisty birds show up in our neighborhood every summer. I really enjoy their many vocalizations, which often continue through the night. Our cats just watch them and...
  10. Spring in Full Swing

Spring in Full Swing

11.375x5.125 Euginia, pyrography and acrylic paints. When the hummingbirds show up in our garden, it is a sure sign that Spring is in full swing. Because I know someone will want to ask The images are created by first laying down all the undertones and texture with pyrography techniques...
  11. All Smiles?

All Smiles?

Silver Maple, dye and acrylic paint. 12"x2.5"
  12. Leaf Saturation No. 3

Leaf Saturation No. 3

2 X 3.75 inches; pyrography and acrylic paints for surface.
  13. Leaf Saturation No. 3 detail

Leaf Saturation No. 3 detail

Close-up of pattern and coloring.
  14. Leaf Saturation No. 1

Leaf Saturation No. 1

ca. 5 inches diameter; pyrography, acrylic paint
  15. Calla Lily # 2 (view 2)

Calla Lily # 2 (view 2)

Maple; pyrography, acrylic paint. 6.5" H X 7.25" D
  16. Calla Lily # 2 (view 1)

Calla Lily # 2 (view 1)

Maple; pyrography, acrylic paint; 6.5" H X 7.25" D
  17. Coral Inspiration

Coral Inspiration

Walnut, burnt relief, acrylic paint. ca. 3" tall.
Back