• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

petal

1. Flower petal vessel

Flower petal vessel

Couple of folks wondered what one of my flower petal pieces would look like without the color on the burl. Well I did one and thought it has an interesting look. Not as eye catching but nice. Flower is maple burl with African blackwood stem; almost 13 tall. What do you think? Comments...
  2. Tall Flower Petals

Tall Flower Petals

I was lucky to have one of my Petal series critiqued at SWAT last year by three really great artists and one of the comments was that they wondered what it would look like larger and taller besides being more delicate. Well I decided to try one and am liking the added height and size, how about...
  3. My 1st wall hanging

My 1st wall hanging

This is my first try at turning a wall hanging, made from most of a mesquite stump and maple burl which is airbrushed with dye, the piece is sealed with shellac, sanded, and then finished with wipe on/off oil 13X8X3/4. I like this piece and wanted to hang it on the wall in the living room and...
  4. Coral Petal Vase

Coral Petal Vase

Petals of myrtle burl dyed to a coral, orange, and red blend. Bill and Diane wanted a vase with this color combination which I think turned out to be very nice. Blackwood stem with some sap wood. 5X5 Received an interesting comment from an artist, he said that an artist would prefer the stem...
Back