• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

router

1. C

Jig for fluting

Hi all! I have finally seen a fluting jig unlike anything I have seen before and made a prototype for my jet 1442. It mounts in the bed way and flutes from the top. I had seen one in a production turner's shop which I believe came from a very old Fine Wood Working magazine which I have never...
  2. B

Tapered Dowel for Canes

I have recently progressed from making pens to making canes. For me this is a natural progression since I am handicapped and associate with others who also have to use a cane to get around. Since tapered cane blanks are virtually impossible to find, and when you do they are extremely...
  3. White Poplar Vase 5155

White Poplar Vase 5155

This white poplar vase measures 6 5/8 inches by 10 5/8. It has 18 spiral flutes and was dyed with aniline dyes.
  4. Up, Down.  5162 & 5163

Up, Down. 5162 & 5163

Two ash vases approx. 10 inches tall. Each one started with a left and a right spiral side by side. Then the spaces between were filled in either form the top down or bottom up with partial spirals, creating the chevrons either pointing up or down. Both up and down patterns can be put on the...
  5. Spiral Vase 5156

Spiral Vase 5156

This is another vase with 18 routed spirals. This one is ash. It measures 6 7/8 inches in diameter by 11 inches in height.
  6. Spiral Vase 5152

Spiral Vase 5152

This is a poplar vase with 18 routed spirals. It measures 6 1/2 inches in diameter by 10 5/8 inches tall.
Back