• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

sandblast

1. Miniature Ash 5321

Miniature Ash 5321

This ash piece is a bit of a departure for me, in that it's only about 2 inches tall. Was initially thinking of using it as a knob for a lid on a much larger container, but I decided otherwise. It lay around for awhile and I decided to hollow, sandblast, dye and wax it.
  2. Fluted Ogee Bowl 5306

Fluted Ogee Bowl 5306

Here is an ogee-shaped ash bowl, sandblasted, bleached and fluted to the max, in a staggered arrangement. The bowl measures 10 inches in diameter by about 2 inches tall. The more horizontal direction of the rim results in a more vertical oscillation of the flutes around the rim than previous...
  3. Black Ash Vessel 5262

Black Ash Vessel 5262

This is an ash vessel, which has been turned, hollowed, fluted, sandblasted, and of course, dyed. It measures about 8 1/2 inches tall. It is a variation of a previous piece, 5216.
  4. Fluteus Maximus Staggerus 5261

Fluteus Maximus Staggerus 5261

This ash bowl has been fluted, bleached and sandblasted inside and out. Unlike the previous posting "Fluteus Maximus", this one has the flutes in a staggered fashion, alternating inside and outside to create an undulating pattern on the rim. The previous post had the flutes lined...
  5. Bleached Ash Bowl 5259

Bleached Ash Bowl 5259

This is another in the series of bleached ash bowls that I've been doing. This one has 24 flutes on the outside, none on the inside. Both sides have been sandblasted and bleached. It measures about 11 inches in diameter.
  6. Fluteus Maximus 5258

Fluteus Maximus 5258

This is another in the series of ash bowls that I've been working on. Named because I don't think it's possible to fit any more flutes on this 10 1/2 inch bowl. Fluted, sandblasted and bleached inside and out. Flutes arranged back to back for a ribbed effect.
  7. Bleached Fluted Ash Bowl 5256

Bleached Fluted Ash Bowl 5256

This is an ash bowl which has been bleached inside and out, and the outside fluted and sandblasted. It's about 11 inches in diameter. Next--probably drop all pretense of functionality and flute and/or sandblast the interior too!
  8. Fluted, Bleached Ash Bowl 5255

Fluted, Bleached Ash Bowl 5255

This is an ash bowl which measures about 10 1/2 inches in diameter. The outside has been fluted and lightly bleached and sandblasted while the inside has been left pristine.
  9. Bleached and Blasted 5250

Bleached and Blasted 5250

This is an ash hollow form which has been bleached and sandblasted. About 10 1/2 inches tall.
  10. Albino 5221

Albino 5221

This is an ash vase which has been fluted, sandblasted, and bleached. It is about 9 inches tall.
  11. Variety Pack

Variety Pack

Lately I've been using this simple vase form to try out the effect of various embellishments such as the spacing of flutes, dyeing, bleaching, sandblasting, liming etc. These are all ash and are about 10 inches tall.
Back