• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

stand

1. Glynn Cox

JET JWL-1221VS lathe and stand like new

SOLD This is a Jet JWL-1221VS lathe and Jet mating stand that are in excellent like new condition and located in Keller, Texas. This is current production so search the internet to get all the details. The following are provided: Lathe Stand Live Center Drive...
  2. John Torchick

Question for a new lathe

I have a Rikon 70-050VS lathe on order. The lathe is a benchtop model. While reading odie's thread on vibration and the many replies, I came up with a question. I have considered keeping the base for my old HF lathe, #37406, and adding a heavy top of some sort. Or I could build a...
  3. D

Club "Portable" Lathe Stand/Station Design

Hi All, Our local AAW club is thinking about upgrading from a old gutless mini Jet 10" lathe/fixed Jet stand, to a midi sized lathe for our monthly club demos. (Think Delta 46-460, Jet 1220, Nova, etc in size.) The make/model for this discussion isn't really important. Our club lost our...
  4. Ornament Stand - remember my tapered crescent question?

Ornament Stand - remember my tapered crescent question?

Here's the alternative to turning that crescent, cutting it in half and re-gluing it to make a stand. 3 piece Walnut ornament stand and 3 piece birdhouse ornament Stand: 6-1/4t x 5w Birdhouse: 2-1/2t x 1-3/4w Finish is wipe on poly. The stand is turned in three pieces, base, stem...
  5. Summer 2008 contest

Summer 2008 contest

Just another view to see the underside of the stand
  6. Summer 2008 contest

Summer 2008 contest

Maple and Purpleheart Pedestal Stand - Approx 30 inches tall. Features an inside outside turning and a segmented style spiral on the spindle portion of the project. Every part is turned.
  7. DVR_stand-2

DVR_stand-2

The stand I designed for my DVR XP
  8. Jewelry Tree

Jewelry Tree

Jewelry tree with rotating hanger and earring holder. Stand is made from canary wood with a Deft Gloss lacquer finish. Size 15 h x 6 w. The necklace hanger pegs and the earring holder part of the stand rotate for easy access to items stored on the stand. Any and all comments would be most...
  9. Red Oak Waterfall Quilt Stand

Red Oak Waterfall Quilt Stand

This is my own design. I call it a Waterfall, because it displays like a waterfall.
  10. Pine Quilt Stand

Pine Quilt Stand

This is my own design. Dark Walnut stain, Satin Poly finish
Back