• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

tailstock

1. Ben Werner

Replacement Lead Screw for Jet JWL-1220VS

Hi There. New to this site but enjoying everything I've seen and read so far. I recently started to notice some issues with my tailstock - I own a Jet 1220VS that I bought used a few years ago and have happily used ever since. Took it apart to clean everything and noted that the collar on the...
  2. Christerphor Hurst

Laguna Tail Stock Hand Wheel - Replacement

Hello there! New guy here:) While transporting my (new to me) laguna 1836 I lost the hand wheel for the tail stock. I have sent a form via the 'contact' page on the Laguna website but I was wondering if anyone else here has had to replace any non-accessory parts on their Laguna lathe. Thanks...
  3. John Torchick

Balancing wood

OK, good news is that I found a grind that works. Now I'm moving to another piece of wood. I'm having a bit of trouble getting it balanced. It is basically what I would describe as a tri-lobe shape. Have tried at least 6-8 positions on the lathe but get vibration from a bit to a lot. Running at...
  4. John Torchick

Preventive maintenance for my lathe

I'm sure this is nothing new to this group but wanted to share this for anyone taking time to clean up the shop. I have spent the last three days cleaning up the shop, organizing items in like function or use, and looking at what needs to be done next. My project this evening was to clean up...
  5. Rusty Fleeman

Bent Quill Bolt on a 3520?

When I run out the quill on my Powermatic lathe, it is as smooth as the day I bought it from about the 3" mark until it unthreads. From 3" down to 0, it gets gradually stiffer to the point it almost takes two hands to turn. I pulled it all apart today, checked for damaged threads, debris, &...
Back