• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

toothpick

1. J

Seam Ripper from a cheap plastic handled one?

I know Craft Supply, Penn State, Woodcraft, Rockler, etc. have seam ripper kits for somewhere in the $6 to 9 range + shipping. Total cost for a single kit would be $16 to 18. If you are selling them for $20 to $25 there is not much profit. Has anyone gotten a cheap one from a fabric store, or...
  2. Toothpick Holder in Cedar

Toothpick Holder in Cedar

This is my version of a toothpick holder I first saw on Youtube. I fell in love with the idea and here it is as I saw it. Everyone really likes the fit and finish and really love it. It is built of laminated cedar with a cherry ball pull.
  3. Toothpick Holder in Cedar Opened

Toothpick Holder in Cedar Opened

This is my version of a toothpick holder I first saw on Youtube. I loved the idea and everyone who has seen it has been delighted. It is a fun project and a great little showpiece.
  4. Or is it :-D

Or is it :-D

Think I'll trick anybody? I've read the posts about the toothpick holder article in Wood Magazine. Unfortunately when I went to the bookstore I couldn't find the magazine, so I had to wing it. It was fun to figure it out on my own...I like a challenge. The plug/stem/lid is all one piece.
  5. Sapele Lidded Vessel

Sapele Lidded Vessel

Or is it? Turned from Sapele (from Wizzy). The "lid" is walnut, and the finial & "collar" are Maple. Measures 5"x2.75". Finish is 3 parts each DNA, BLO, & Shellac (recipe from E. Bud).
Back