• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

tormek

1. R

Tormek Gouge Jig SVD-185

Tormek Gouge Jig SVD-185 The Tormek Gouge Jig SVD-185 is new in the original package. Sharpen your gouges and turning cutters with ease using the SVD-185 jig from Tormek. This jig allows you to shape and sharpen fingernail-shaped turning gouges and roughing gouges along with bent carving...
  2. Monty Ivy

Tormek T-8

For sale is a Tormek T-8 with many accessories in working condition. All woodturning jigs along with a knife jig included. Currently has a Wood Turners Wonders 1000grit non-immersible CBN wheel mounted. Also comes with the original Tormek stone wheel. $750 all inclusive. The unit is heavy...
  3. Brad Winesett

Sharpening supplies and jigs

Prices below do not include shipping. I don't mind shipping UPS, Fedex, or USPS. Whatever you like best and I'll just charge exactly what it costs me. Tormek SVS-50 Multi-jig - SOLD! General Tools #809 Chisel/Plane blade guide $8.00...
  4. J

40/40 on a Tormek

I tried out Batty's 40/40 grind earlier this year, and I like it - more for heavy spindle work than for bowls, but I'm not trying to start a debate. As a new Tormek owner, I was wondering if anyone has been able to replicate the grind, and if so, what Tormek/SV-186 settings did you use? Thanks!
  5. RichColvin

Question on Tormek sharpening based on wood type

Question for the group relative to the use of Tormek sharpening : do you change the way you sharpen your turning tools, based on the wood to be turned ? What about, based on the the wood's grain orientation ? It seems to me that there are three choices that could be pursued: 1. sharpen on...
Back