• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

urn

1. Urn

Urn

Turned and sculpted with a tribal motif inspired by tribal art. Diameter 6,3¨ . Height 15¨
  2. Urn

Urn

Maple urn finished with water-based dye and epoxy resin. Six-inches Diameter, 4 inches height.
  3. Vase/urn on a tripod stand

Vase/urn on a tripod stand

beech pieces surrounded by wenge veneer, top ring beech, wenge, azobe and merbau. 24 segments each ring
  4. Breast Cancer Memorial urn

Breast Cancer Memorial urn

Yes, it’s pink. This urn is made from hard maple and dyed pink to memorialize a loved one's battle with Breast Cancer. It is finished with a glossy Wipe On Poly (Urethane) protective outer coating. The lid is threaded using portions of black PVC pipe fittings. Approx 6" diameter x 13" tall
  5. monkeypod Urn

monkeypod Urn

Haven't posted in a while as I have been dealing with foot issues and can't stand at the lathe for very long. But, here is a piece i just finished. Monkeypod hollow form/urn. 10" X 5.25" with abs fittings used to make the threaded lid. The round ball on the lid is walnut that was ebonized with...
  6. Urn

Urn

This urn will go to France as soon as travels are authorized and the conditions are better. Madrone burl, 7 1/2 " diameter, 4 1/2" high, 8" overall.
  7. Urn

Urn

My wife's urn, madrone burl, 8 1/2 " diameter, 7" high, 10" overall. She passed away June 2nd.
  8. Spalted Maple Urn

Spalted Maple Urn

Small spalted maple urn, tung oil finish, top is plain maple with black gloss spray paint.
  9. Urn - Ambrosia Maple with Mesquite Lid

Urn - Ambrosia Maple with Mesquite Lid

Featured Article in the December Issue of the American Woodturner. A commemorative Urn for a Special Friend
  10. J

My first segmented turning an urn for a friends dads cremains

I have a dear friend that wanted an urn for her dads cremains. We looked at a lot of different designs and she decided she wanted a segmented urn. I had never done a segmented turning before so I began educating myself on segmented turning. After a lot of research I found how to make a sled for...
  11. My folks urns

My folks urns

I made these urns at the request of my parents. I lost my mom in December of 07 and my dad in January of this year. Both urns are made from mesquite with desert ironwood accents. The short fat urn is my dads with an carved ironwood bear attached to the lid. The bear has a fish in his...
  12. Flying Urn

Flying Urn

300mm long the wings are 150mm square ,textured ,stained and lacquer.Made from Ancient Kauri
  13. Fluted Ash Urn 5247

Fluted Ash Urn 5247

This is an ash urn which has been fluted, dyed and treated with liming wax. It has a lacquer finish. Its capacity is about 240 cubic inches and its total height is about 11 5/8 inches. The top is held securely to an inner shelf by rare earth magnets.
  14. Isla's Place

Isla's Place

Lidded hollow vessel to be used as a pet urn. My brother had a German Short Hair named Isla, which is spanish for island. I found out she was in a card board box on a shelf in the closet and I couldn't have that. This is piece of Eucalyptus Burl with Paduak foot and finial, It's 6...
  15. Urn for O.D.

Urn for O.D.

Ash Urn for my buddy's hunting dog. 11-3/4" H x 5" Dia. Hollow Vessel is Elm and Finial is Ebonized Black Walnut.
  16. Paduk Urn

Paduk Urn

130 peice urn made for the remains of a family friend. Made with an one piece bottoom and lid with eight-sixteen segment layers in between.
  17. "Spectre"

"Spectre"

Flamed Box Elder Urn Turned from a piece of box elder given to me by my good friends, mentors and outstanding turners Allen & Sherry Hockenbery. Base: 4 3/4" dia. Height: 6 7/8" Diameter: 7 3/4" Wall Thickness: 3/16" Finish: Waterlox & Arborwax
  18. ceder urn

ceder urn

Made of red ceder 12" by 6" with a tight fitting lid hallowed to the samr contour as outside made by Mike Rietveld and Russell Christmas
  19. Lacewood Urn

Lacewood Urn

11x6 segmented Lacewood urn. I made this for my dieing Dad. I made a second urn that I liked better. His ashes reside in the better urn.
Back