• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

walnut

1. Multi-axis figured walnut bowl with rose engine accents

Multi-axis figured walnut bowl with rose engine accents

I turned this bowl using the long-tenon method, kicking it off-axis to turn the inside portion of the bowl. I then turned two additional facets on the outside to catch the light at different angles. The rose engine accents were turned on my MDF Rose Engine 2.0 while the bowl was off-axis. The...
  2. Multi-axis figured walnut bowl with rose engine accents

Multi-axis figured walnut bowl with rose engine accents

I turned this bowl using the long-tenon method, kicking it off-axis to turn the inside portion of the bowl. I then turned two additional facets on the outside to catch the light at different angles. The rose engine accents were turned on my MDF Rose Engine 2.0 while the bowl was off-axis. The...
  3. Apple?

Apple?

...........Not Apple, of course, lol. Walnut, 8x8 inches Could not bring myself to do any more embellishment than this. I thought "Simple, plain, good wood" and let it be.
  4. Walnut crotch Vase

Walnut crotch Vase

Walnut Critch Vase
  5. Walnut Off-Center Goblet

Walnut Off-Center Goblet

This was turned live on TikTok as a giveaway for our top gifter. Made from walnut. I am extremely surprised the walnut held together and didn't snap!
  6. Walnut vessel

Walnut vessel

Walnut with Watco danish finish. 5x7
  7. More Curly Walnut

More Curly Walnut

Black Walnut, 6”d x 9”h
  8. Bowl from a board debut

Bowl from a board debut

My first gallery post here. Walnut and maple. 9" diameter. 3" tall.
  9. English walnut bowl with flared rim and decorative bead

English walnut bowl with flared rim and decorative bead

Turned from dry stock that I acquired from a former gunstock maker in California
  10. Cherry Teapot

Cherry Teapot

Cherry teapot, Walnut spout, handle and knob. Mahoney's oil finish then buffed out. 5 1/4" tall, 4 1/2" diameter.
  11. Striated Walnut box

Striated Walnut box

Walnut with striated grain pattern and oak lid with knob. Two boxes made from same walnut log not 8 inches apart with different grain patterns.
  12. Walnut smooth top

Walnut smooth top

Walnut box with a spaulted pecan lid. About 6 inch diameter
  13. Figured Walnut and Maple Burl Box

Figured Walnut and Maple Burl Box

This box is figured walnut with a maple burl inlay. Box is approx. 3" tall and 2" wide. The contrasting maple burl with the walnut looks really good!
  14. Figured Walnut and Maple Burl Box

Figured Walnut and Maple Burl Box

Here is the side view.
  15. Walnut and Maple Segmented Bowl

Walnut and Maple Segmented Bowl

This is my first ever attempt at segmenting. There are 48 segments with a walnut base. The process is really enjoyable and more segmenting will be coming!
  16. Laces back

Laces back

This walnut root from Brandon city hall was just right for a vase but that rock in the bottom hurt, then as it dried cracked top down. Had wanted to do laces for a while and finally got the chance on this one. Finish is Watco natural with acrylic paints.
  17. Laces

Laces

This walnut root from Brandon city hall was just right for a vase but that rock in the bottom hurt, then as it dried cracked top down. Had wanted to do laces for a while and finally got the chance on this one. Finish is Watco natural with acrylic paints.
  18. Rusty Nesmith

Lidded box

Made this box. Just adding the finish. It is made from leftover walnut and cherry from a cutting board project.
  19. Walnut vessel

Walnut vessel

Hollowed walnut vessel with natural edge 6x5 in. small pointed bottom so it will lean. Unstained and unsanded.
  20. Walnut Vessel

Walnut Vessel

Hollowed walnut vessel with natural edge 6x5 in. small pointed bottom so it will lean. Unstained and unsanded.
Back