• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

wedding

1. Navajo Wedding Basket

Navajo Wedding Basket

Navajo Wedding Basket illusion is 12⅝ inch diameter maple. The wedding basket is probably the most well known of all the various Native American basket designs. This piece will be part of the SWAT 2-for-1 drawing coming up next month.
  2. Celebration Basket

Celebration Basket

Navajo Wedding Basket Illusion, 14½ inches diameter, 2¾ inches high, maple, beaded, burned, and colored in the style of the traditional wedding/celebration baskets. The wood is thin enough that bright light can shine through between the rows of beads. This piece was donated to the Woodturners of...
  3. Wedding Wave

Wedding Wave

Here's another photo of the bowl I made for my Daughters Wedding. All comments and critiques are welcome.
  4. Wedding Bowl

Wedding Bowl

This is a bowl I made for my Daughter and her Fiance. They're getting married this weekend. The wood is Purple Heart, Ash and, Padauk. The bowl is 13" across and 3" high. All comments and critiques are welcome.
  5. Wedding Goblet

Wedding Goblet

This wedding goblet is made from a laminated piece of Bubinga and Beech. It is 7" tall and 2" in diameter. The rings were made by a friend in silver as close copies to the white gold ones that my son and his fiance will be using on the day. The finish is sanding sealer and then...
  6. Wedding Challis

Wedding Challis

This is a Spiral Stem Challis with two captive rings. It stands about 10" tall and is made of Mulberry.
  7. Pau Rojo Wedding Goblet

Pau Rojo Wedding Goblet

This wedding goblet is 8" tall and made from Pau Rojo (Padauk). I made it for some friends who are finally getting married next month. This piece had a small amount of spalted sap wood at the edge and I thought that it would make a fitting wedding goblet. I managed to get the join...
  8. Wedding Vase

Wedding Vase

Created by first turning two vessels, splitting them apart, joining them, and then inserting the round designs on each side. Tulipwood, Texas Ebony and many exotics - 15" tall
Back