• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

woodcraft

1. John Torchick

Rikon portable dust collector?

I am in the process of cleaning up the shop before finishing a dozen stair treads. My shop is rather limited for space. I did a search on Woodcraft's website and found the Rikon portable DC. I can also hook it to a Dust Deputy for extra efficiency. Might have to do some shuffling with tools and...
  2. John Torchick

WIT

Women in turning seems to be catching (no pun intended) on. Several weeks ago, my wife was asking about a scroll saw. I posted this on another forum and got good advice including an offer of a good used scroll saw to get her started. OK, to continue. I had a doctor's appointment at the VA in...
  3. John Torchick

Seam ripper is great!

My brother-in-law is a master at quilt making. My wife suggested I make a seam ripper for his Christmas present instead of a pen which is what the rest of the family got. We had a family get-together today and my BIL said that the seam ripper was great and very sharp. I wanted to pass this...
  4. John Torchick

Woodcraft in Chattanooga, TN

Here is a composite of info from a couple of sources: A new Woodcraft store will be located at 5824 Brainerd Road; phone 423-701-8001. :D The location is in or near the Brainerd Village S/C. Wayne Loveless will be the manager- it was noted that he did turning instruction at the previous store...
Back