• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

2010 AAW Symposium Video

Great photos Jeff
Thanks for the work to get them posted I am very proud and thrilled to be able to say that Binh Pho is the new owner of my spiral pair . " It takes two ..." from the silent auction .
Best regards from Jeff Greenwood.

Jeff,

Good job. I actually took a separate pic of the note that says they were made from "one piece not glued".

Website
groups.yahoo.com
I took pictures of everything I think on Saturday Morning and put it all together on Sunday. It only takes about a 1/2 hour with Windows movie maker and using the Auto Movie option. One problem I had is YouTube only allows videos up to 10 mins and that's why I had to shrink it down to under 10minutes. I think there is about 950 photos in there. I was thinking about making 8 smaller movies so that the pictures will have more time to be seen and working on uploading all of the pictures to Googles Picasa albums but also have to break it up into smaller albums. I have one Large album up there now but when I go to look at it my Internet Explorer crashes most of the time. Also I gave copies of all of my photos to the the AAW Board and maybe some of them might be used somewhere. As for the time it took me to photo everything it took me about an 1 1/2 hours and was happy to do it for everyone that couldn't make it. I'm not a professional photographer and just wanted to get something up there quickly too for everyone to enjoy. I belong a bunch of clubs and always take photos and video at them for the people that can't make it and also sometime the newsletters use them. I also enjoy going to carving shows which you can see on my YouTube channel.
Thanks for all of the great comments and enjoy.

Back