• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3 types of Mahogany & Cherry Spindle Table

Hello guys & gals I've been getting my Christmas presents out of the way; as some of you know we moved in Oct. and I've now got the shop to were I can make things once again (it's still a long away from be set up right). Any way we needed a small table for our bed room for cell phones to be charged so I made this; Mahogany & Cherry Table. The top is 1" thick Cherry; the very bottom base is 1 1/2' Sapele Mahogany the two pieces on either end of the spindle are African Striped Mahogany and the spindle is just Mahogany. The whole thing was dowel& glue w/ 5/8" Mahogany dowels I turned everything was spun on the lathe but the Cherry top that was added last. the base was finished w/ Deft sanding sealer and sanded in between coats then final finish was high gloss Deft rattle can. The top was then glued on and finished w/ several coats of Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

Bruce

Attachments

• 100_7017.JPG
    100_7017.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_7014.JPG
    100_7014.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_7016.JPG
    100_7016.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_7025.JPG