• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3520C

Has there been any announcement of the price on the new Powermatic 3520C? I can't find anything online. I need a new lathe and would like to have an idea of price before I make my decision.

Would like to have a floor model lathe but there isn't room in my shop. Or in the budget. I asked my wife if she thought about going back to work (retired for a bit over a year). I got the "if looks were poison, I'd be dead."

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
When the B model came out there was a sale price of about $2500 for several months before it went to the regular price somewhere over $3K.

Well, let's hope that is so for the 3520C, Bill :D

Even if it was, I think I'd hesitate, until after we get some feedback from some of the initial buyers. You know how that goes.....there always seems to be a few bugs to work out on the first ones to hit the market.

You also know that I'd love to upgrade, but finances are limited..... :( I may not be able to pull it off.....and, If that's the case, my old Woodfast isn't a bad lathe to take to the end of the line! :)

-----odie-----

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
?...... $4500 ...... could have been a rumor.
It is now :) $4500 :)

$4500 works pretty well against competition at the higher ends
ONEWAY, Robust, vicmarc, Stubby if they come back
Big jump from their stablemates
Jet 1840 - $3000
Jet 1840DVR - $3400

Be interesting to see if they can sell at $4500 when the 1840'is more lathe than most turners will ever need.
Most turners with 4500 to spend would be better served by an 1840 and class at Arromont, Campbell, Anderson Ranch, CS.......plus a a,couple of chucks and new gouges.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I'll do it and sell you my 3520A. NOT :) Although I did some work on the new 2442 the other day and really liked it. Especially the tailstock.

Back