• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

3m - Orlando

Today a couple 3M represenatives come out to visit me in myshop. They are developing a "hobby" line of sanding products based on their extensive comercial line.
They have new , soft, cloth, backed sandpaper, purple ceramic paper, radial bristle brushes, etc.
The purple ceramic paper is supposed to be sharper, more uniform and outlast Klingspore.
I used this purple sandpaper and it realy makes the sawdust fly off dry birch and very smooth for the grit used. Free samples as much of this is not on the market yet.

They will be looking for input and comments in Orlando. Get your 2 cents worth in and we will get better products. Talk to Rich of Monika. They are developing this product for 3M.

I have no connection with 3M. This meeting come about as the result of a friend knowing a friend.

Back