• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

AAW Symposium

I have a couple of easy questions about the Symposium next week.

1) Is there an online description of each of the rotations?

I downloaded the schedule but not all of the titles are descriptive enough to help me select the best ones for me. I'd like to figure it out before I arrive.

2) Is there an online list of the vendors that will be in the vendor area? It would be nice to know who is coming!

3) Also, I was unable to find the hours of the vendor area. I'm hoping that they might be open at times other than the rotations (ie; early morning, late one evening?).

Hopefully someone can answer...

Thanks,

Dennis

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
Being a vendor, I can tell you that the Exhibit hall is open 8:30 to 7:30 Friday, 8:30 to 4:30 on Saturday and 8:30 to 5:00 on Sunday.

As far as a descriptiopn of each demo, tyhe AAW journal is the best I have seen in as thorough a description there is I believe.

So, the late one evening is Friday. You will have plenty of time during lunch though too.

And don't forget to bring a bowl for charity!

Thanks!

Thanks Steve,

The hours of the vendor area seem generous. The Friday night time is nice as is the late Sunday time and neither interferes with lunches.

And I'll take a peek at the session descriptions in the Journal. Would have been nice to have it online (IMHO).

Once again, thanks for your help!!

Dennis

Dennis,

I'm going down to the Symposium site today to help with some set up. I'll check w/ Pat & Butch Titus to see if they have a vendor list that I can copy.

Vendor list

Bob, thank you for your efforts!! I hope it works out! It would be great to have a list!!

I also checked the American Woodturner magazine today and did find the descriptions of the sessions. It did a good job of describing them. In fact, it was my initial motivator for signing up for the symposium.

(After I signed up, I promptly forgot about it!)

So, if anyone else is looking for a good description of the sessions, this is the best (only) place to find it!

Dennis

Dennis,

I could not get a list, but I can tell you that you won't be dissappointed. Butch showed me a chart (floor plan) that had names like: Craft Supplies, John Jordan, Packard Woodworks, Cocobolo Inc., Amazon Exotic Hardwoods, Treeline, Woodcraft, Jet, General. Apparently there's only one vendor who backed out. This will be in a space that's 100' x 260' (almost the size of a football field 150' x 300') and the Instant Gallery will share the space. This space is also fully carpeted...easy on the feet! In fact, all the floor space in the convention center is carpeted.
I helped set up the pedastals for the "From Sea to Oddysey" exhibit.
I'll be going back on Thursday morning to help move & set up machinery.

Thanks!!

I appreciate your effort!!

I'm excited about the symposium and will relish the vendor area!!

See you there!

Dennis

Vendor list

Dennis,

Ok, so I lied...I got a list! (actually, just got it today).

Attachments

• ALPHABETICAL VENDOR LISTING.doc
    25 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
Vendor List

Bob, you're the man!!!

Got it and printed it out. Now, I'll peek at some of their web sites and see who they are!!

I really appreciate the extra effort that this must have taken!!!

This list is already going to save me one trip to a lumber yard that I planned to make while in Orlando. It means that I can get to the hotel tomorrow earlier than planned. I love saving trips!!

See you soon,

Dennis

Last edited:
Back