• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

An introduction;

Website
www.theturnersshop.com
Well I have been lurking here for some time now reading what everyone has to say and just following along with the threads. Today is different though since it is official since I just received my membership card in the mail for the American Association of Woodturners.

I thought I would take a moment and introduce myself to everyone here. I have been woodworking in one form or another my entire life. I have done everything from building and finishing complete buildings, remodeling to making a lot of our custom furniture.

Even though I have owned two lathes for about 15 years or so I never real played with them until about January of this year. Since then I have become totally addicted and turn about 16 to 20 hours a week. I love to create on the lathe I fine it very relaxing to the point of almost being a “Zen†thing. I try to learn as much as possible from all the various sources I can find. I bought quite a few videos but was completely bitten by “Richard Raffan, Turning Boxesâ€Â. With that being said it stands to reason that I turn a lot of boxes! :D

If you would like to know a bit more about my turnings please visit my home page;
www.theturnersshop.com

The inside joke to my domain name is that my wife has always referred to my work shop as the “Shop†and my coworkers started calling me “The Turner†when I started decorating my office with my boxes.

Website
www.woodturner.org
Hi KW, I hope you find the AAW membership worthwhile...I certainly have. The pics on your homepage look good but the left navbar didn't render in my browser.

I was kinda like you with the lathe. I had one sitting around for a long time, then once I started using it I got swallowed up by the woodturning vortex. :cool2:

Back