I was recently given some very nice cherry logs that unfortunately turned out to have powder post beetles in them. I would like to treat the cut up blanks to kill the little buggers, rather than let them chew up/ruin the wood and, much worse, be invited into my shop. A while ago, a termite inspector suggested spraying with bifenthrin, but that's nasty stuff and I wouldn't want to turn such treated wood into small shavings and sawdust all over myself. Boric acid was an alternative suggested by the local ag extension officer. Seems much more promising, either as disodium octaborate tetrahydrate in Bora-Care (fairly expensive at $70 to $120 for a gallon jug) or boric acid powder ($15 for a 5# bag). Does anyone have experience with either of these products? One issue is effectiveness; the more important one is health safety. Any other ideas? I'll adopt whatever program for all incoming raw wood. Many thanks.