Break time!

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by odie, Oct 8, 2017.

1. odie

odie

This is my usual pursuits during moments of relaxation and contemplation in the shop! IMG_3256 (2).JPG
    -----odie-----:D
    keep_on_truckin1 (1)_LI.jpg

2. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    That web page looks familiar. :)

So I see that you enjoy snacking on Ol'Roy with your morning Java. :D

3. odie

odie

Heh,heh,heh......Ol'Roy gets stuck between my teeth, so I usually just give it to the dogs! ;)

-----odie-----

IMG_0319 (2).jpg

4. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

I've found that if you dunk your Ol'Roy in coffee first it is much easier to swallow.

odie likes this.
  5. odie

odie

I'm leaving for church in a few minutes, but in the mean time, here's a question for your interest.....what do you for entertainment, break time, relaxation in your shop?

6. john lucas

john lucas

I don't have a computer in the shop but made a special holder for my phone so I can keep up with e-mail and forum posts. If you notice all the bad typing with lots of periods in the sentences it's because I have fat fingers and small phone keyboard. I always have music going in the shop. My dog comes out so see me every now and then so we stop and play.

7. Bill Weaver

Bill Weaver

I take a break when my feet get to hurting. Then I go upstairs get a cup of coffee or ice tea and check what you guys are doing on my computer. Note: that's all while sitting down with shoes off.

8. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I turn wood during break time. :D

During work time I clean up the mess that I made during break time. My breaks are much longer than actual work.

charlie knighton and odie like this.
  9. odie

odie

That's really a good way to look at it, Bill......nice perspective! :)

Now, I'm asking myself......"Why didn't I think of that?!!"

On the other hand, I remember all those times I was pulling my hair out while turning......still happens, but not as much as it used to! ;)

-----odie-----

10. robo hippy

robo hippy

I sit at the computer with Netflix and my guitar.... I started playing when the Beatles came out. Still not good, but having fun... The radio is always on with music, no talk shows or news. Also, laps in the pool...

robo hippy

odie likes this.
  11. Lamar Wright

Lamar Wright

When I'm not behind the lathe I like to read, spend time with my wife and our three little kitties. Also catch up on honey do's.

odie likes this.
  12. odie

odie

Yep, me too, John.....:D

The dogs are spoiled from all the treats, and my stereo is on quite a bit. There are probably more than 100 CDs. Sometimes, it's just the radio......and, there are times when there is nothing but the whir of the lathe! :)

-----odie-----

The stereo and radio.....just a cheap one! IMG_3258 (2)_LI.jpg
    The CDs.......
    IMG_3260 (2)_LI.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Lamar Wright likes this.
  13. Zach LaPerriere

Zach LaPerriere

Home Page:
    Boy, I don't relax in my shop. Maybe because there's no heat or walls... Well occasionally I'll watch the birds or whales. In the summer I'll stroll down to the beach and take a nap. But all that could change when I build a new shop.

Lamar Wright and odie like this.
  14. Emiliano Achaval

Emiliano Achaval

Home Page:
    I have one of those! Best little dogs in the world!!

odie and Lamar Wright like this.
  15. Emiliano Achaval

Emiliano Achaval

Home Page:
    I have bluetooth Samsung sound bar. I listen to music on Pandora or iTunes radio. I have a computer too there for my live remote demos and I check emails and other things too... I have a nice office chair and a giant Koa top desk, i sit there to relax and look at the mountain from my perch...

16. Fadi Zeidan

Fadi Zeidan

Keep rubbing it in ;)

By far, you have the best shop view and location, I would probably spend most of my time napping on that view. Minus the snow and cold of course.

Bill Boehme, Zach LaPerriere and odie like this.
  17. Zach LaPerriere

Zach LaPerriere

Home Page:
    Should I also brag about the amazing dust extraction when it's blowing like stink? ;) I know I'm making everyone envious... :D

Ironically, I'm in the shop now with my computer having just taken apart and reassembled my biggest chainsaw. Guess that's kinda relaxing, now that I figured out where that dang throttle spring went!

Have a great week everyone!

odie likes this.
  18. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

@odie I see you are a Johnny Horton fan also. I have an old computer in the shop with all of my cd's and old lp's digitized . Probably over 200 hours of nonstop music going thru my old Pioneer reciever and 2 Pioneer floor speakers on one end plus 2 Boston Acoustics speakers close to the lathe.

odie likes this.
  19. odie

odie

Yes, Johnny Horton was one of my favorites in my early youth! :D Still enjoy his music after all these years. I hadn't thought about what albums are visible in that photo, but I do see Jethro Tull, and I think another is Percy Sledge......can't make out the others.

-----odie-----

Lamar Wright likes this.
  20. Lamar Wright

Lamar Wright

Well Odie how about that! That is the music I grew up with in the 50's and 60's. Love all the oldies music. I'm in the process of setting up my new lathe and re arrange my shop. Looking forward to turning on the Jet. Stay well my friend and happy turning. By the way I forget to mention that I had an idea of what to do with the shipping pallet that the Jet came with, put a piece of treated plywood on top of it and use it for sawing green logs.

odie likes this.