• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Carbatec Threader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Carbatec Threadmaster threading jig setup with a 4-TPI spindle. The factory jig readily mounts to a mini lathe or easily adapts to a larger lathe with a riser block mounted between the ways and the jig. I have been using this threader with a riser block on a 12" Jet clone lathe. Threader works similar to other threaders with a 60 degree cutter mounted in the lathe head-stock with a collet and drawbar to hold the cutter secure. Once the jig is clamped to the ways you can advance the work piece with the spindle thread handle. The work piece can be advanced or retracted from the cutter wheel using the other adjustment wheel with numerical indicator. Work piece can be test fitted and brought back to original position for final cut and fit of threads. Like new condition.
Please contact Mikeee12345@aol.com for inquiries. $275.00 shipped

(1) Carbatec Threading Jig
(1) 4-TPI Threading Spindle w/handle
(1) 3/4-16 x 2" face plate for threading spindle
(1) 3/4" 60-Degree Cutter
(1) 3/8" MT-2 Collet
(1) 3/8" x 12" threaded draw-rod
(1) 3/8" locking hand-wheel for draw-rod
(1) 1" diameter bed ways clamp
(1) 1-1/2" diameter bed ways clamp

Carbatec 4TPI.jpg

I have an additional Carbatec threading jig that has a 10TPI and a 16TPI spindle.
This threader has a 1x8" spindle thread adapter for a 1x8" 3" face plate.
i will be selling this one for $300.00 shipped to lower 48.
I am also turning additional sets of bushings for both of these threading jigs which can be drilled and tapped for any thread pitch of rod desired. I will be turning the bushings out of Delrin which will allow anyone to be able to tap the bushings by hand for any TPI threaded rod that will fit inside the bushing.

Carbatec 10-16.jpg

I have a Carbatec Threadmaster threading jig setup with a 4-TPI spindle. The factory jig readily mounts to a mini lathe or easily adapts to a larger lathe with a riser block mounted between the ways and the jig. I have been using this threader with a riser block on a 12" Jet clone lathe. Threader works similar to other threaders with a 60 degree cutter mounted in the lathe head-stock with a collet and drawbar to hold the cutter secure. Once the jig is clamped to the ways you can advance the work piece with the spindle thread handle. The work piece can be advanced or retracted from the cutter wheel using the other adjustment wheel with numerical indicator. Work piece can be test fitted and brought back to original position for final cut and fit of threads. Like new condition.
Please contact Mikeee12345@aol.com for inquiries. $275.00 shipped

(1) Carbatec Threading Jig
(1) 4-TPI Threading Spindle w/handle
(1) 10-TPI Threading Spindle w/handle
(1) 16-TPI Threading Spindle w/handle
(1) 3/4-16 x 2" face plate for threading spindle
(1) 3/4-16 x 3" face plate for threading spindle
(1) 3/4-10 x 3" face plate for threading spindle
(1) 3/4-10 x 1-8 spindle bushing adapter
(1) 3/4" 60-Degree Cutter
(1) 3/8" MT-2 Collet
(1) 3/8" x 12" threaded draw-rod
(1) 3/8" locking hand-wheel for draw-rod
(1) 1" diameter bed ways clamp
(1) 1-1/2" diameter bed ways clamp

View attachment 31152

I turned several sets of bushings and added a 10 TPI and 16 TPI spindle set to this threader.
Each spindle has a 3" face plate that threads to the spindle. There is also a 3/4-10 by 1x8 adapter which will
hold a standard 1x8 face plate or adjustable bowl chuck to the 3/4-10 spindle.
This completes the threading jig so you can make 4TPI, 10TPI and 16TPI threads.
$275.00 plus shipping

spindle1.jpg

Both threading jigs are still available, each one has (3) different spindles and bushings for 4, 10, 16 TPI
Price is $250.00 plus shipping for either set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back