• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Classes in Cincinnati

Hello, I am a newbie and, as the title suggests, I am looking for some woodturning classes in the Cincinnati area. I am signed up for a couple of classes at Woodcraft but would like to find something more on-going. Thank you for your help!

Hi Beth,

The Cincinnati area is the home of the Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild (www.ovwg.org) and you should check out joining the organization. They have monthly meetings with demonstrators, and usually, if a professional turner does the demo, they will have a 'hands on' session with the pro (for a fee) while the pro is in town. The hands on sessions fill up rapidly when announced.

The next club meeting will be April 17th and will host Michael Mocho.

In addition to the monthy demos, the club also has a mentoring program.

Later,
Dale M

Marc Adams School of Woodworking

I encourage you to look into classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking, in Franklin, IN. He usually has a very impressive line up of professional woodturning instructors that travel to his school to teach. The facility and equipment are very nice. The school web site is: www.marcadams.com.

Don Geiger

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Check out Arrowmont and John C Campbell TOO.
you are less than 400 miles from each.

spend a week in quality course and you'll love it.

Some of the same folks teach at each school but not often on the same year.

happy turning,
Al

Back