• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Cleaner for MT?

I realize that I need to clean the MT on my lathe. Does anyone know where to get a reamer for it? I have tried the machine shops around me to no avail. Only thing I can find is 1 person on Ebay.

Thanks

DH,

Packhard sells the urethane "Tapermate" which I use every time I use the headstock taper. I also pop the live center and clean the tailstock taper every so often. Don't forget to clean off the male side of the equations as well; dirt or grit on those will screw things up just as well.

Mark Mandell

Back