• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Discussions about the alcohol drying process at KC.

Website
www.woodnheart.com
I am going to attend the AAW symposium in July and would like to meet with people who are interested in discussing the alcohol drying process. A family reunion will have me in KC the weekend before the symposium. Therefore I will be available for several days before the symposium starts to meet with individuals or groups to discuss the process and to exchange information. Arrangements can be made to meet after the symposium if I know in advance.

Obviously it is too late to have the alcohol drying process included in the symposium. However, the amount of correspondence I have received over the last 5 months indicates many people are interested in the process and want more information. I suspect several people will want to take the opportunity to talk with me and I certainly want to talk to them.

There has been much discussion on woodworking forums about the process. I welcome the discussion however I cannot monitor all the forums and answers every question asked. I have found that after meeting personally with turners they have a much better understanding of the process are more inclined to use it. So I don’t want to pass up an opportunity to meet with as may turners as possible while attending the symposium.

I do have limited time and resources but I will make every effort to accommodate everyone who wants to talk with me. I will be driving from Longview, WA and I can make a limited number of stops to meet with clubs interested in a presentation. Please contact me as soon as possible so I can plan accordingly.

Dave Smith
Wood n Heart
Longview, WA
360-636-0721
www.woodnheart.com

Back