Extend-A-Sand for sale......

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archives' started by odie, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. odie

odie

I've had this EAS-16-A Extend-A-Sand for about ten years, and only used it once or twice. It would be better in the hands of someone who wanted to do hollow forms. Although it's been used, it's very close to "as new" condition. Price $80, which includes free shipping to the lower 48 states. I can accept a PayPal payment.

https://thesandingglove.com/The-Sanding-Glove-Extend-A-Sand.asp

IMG_2361.JPG

2. Tom Gall

Tom Gall

Odie, I would be interested in buying this item from you. I've used PayPal when purchasing items from a website using my credit card on file, but I'm unsure how to send a payment to an individual. I looked at the "Pay for Goods or Services" link on the PayPal site and it looks like I need a "name, acct. #, email - or all of the above to proceed…..or do you initiate all this on your end?

3. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I recently made a purchase from Odie using PayPal and I believe that all I needed was the email, but maybe I also needed the name.

4. Mark Hepburn

Mark Hepburn

My experience is that you choose the option to send money to family or friends. There is no fee to either party. The pay for giods or services results in a fee to the recipient, as it is treated as a commercial transaction.

5. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson

Anyone using PayPal be aware there are scammers sending out emails that look like they are from PayPal.
    The email claims someone has tried to use your account and PayPal has locked your account until you respond.
    The email includes a form that has fields for you to fill in your credit card info, birth date, bank information, etc.
    This information is supposed to verify your identity when you send it to them.
    Do not respond to these emails, PayPal will call you if there is ever a problem.

odie likes this.
  6. Mark Hepburn

Mark Hepburn

Thanks Mike. Good information!

7. odie

odie

Tom......I think Bill is correct, in that all you need is my email address. I'll be sending that to you in a few minutes. I'm holding the Extend-A-Sand for you until we get this figured out.......

Ah.....so that's the way it works. Thanks Mark. I recently sold three scrapers, and one of the three included a fee. I was wondering why that was........:confused:

ko

8. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    I'm pretty sure that I recall seeing my transaction as being a personal transaction between family and friends and not a commercial sale. Maybe PayPal monitors activity and decided that Odie doesn't need any more friends. :D

9. odie

odie

Yeah.......it was only a couple bucks, so no big deal! :D

10. Mark Hepburn

Mark Hepburn

Can't put a price on friendship, right?

:rolleyes:

Bill Boehme likes this.
  11. Tom Gall

Tom Gall

Kelly, …. I just sent you an email with all the pertinent information. I sent the payment through PayPal. Apparently there are several options with and without fees. I paid the fee! Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.