• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Extend-A-Sand for sale......

Status
Not open for further replies.

odie

TOTW Team
Panning for Montana gold, with Betsy, the mule!
I've had this EAS-16-A Extend-A-Sand for about ten years, and only used it once or twice. It would be better in the hands of someone who wanted to do hollow forms. Although it's been used, it's very close to "as new" condition. Price $80, which includes free shipping to the lower 48 states. I can accept a PayPal payment.

https://thesandingglove.com/The-Sanding-Glove-Extend-A-Sand.asp

IMG_2361.JPG

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
I've had this EAS-16-A Extend-A-Sand for about ten years, and only used it once or twice. It would be better in the hands of someone who wanted to do hollow forms. Although it's been used, it's very close to "as new" condition. Price $80, which includes free shipping to the lower 48 states. I can accept a PayPal payment.

https://thesandingglove.com/The-Sanding-Glove-Extend-A-Sand.asp

View attachment 20910
Odie, I would be interested in buying this item from you. I've used PayPal when purchasing items from a website using my credit card on file, but I'm unsure how to send a payment to an individual. I looked at the "Pay for Goods or Services" link on the PayPal site and it looks like I need a "name, acct. #, email - or all of the above to proceed…..or do you initiate all this on your end?

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
My experience is that you choose the option to send money to family or friends. There is no fee to either party. The pay for giods or services results in a fee to the recipient, as it is treated as a commercial transaction.

Anyone using PayPal be aware there are scammers sending out emails that look like they are from PayPal.
The email claims someone has tried to use your account and PayPal has locked your account until you respond.
The email includes a form that has fields for you to fill in your credit card info, birth date, bank information, etc.
This information is supposed to verify your identity when you send it to them.
Do not respond to these emails, PayPal will call you if there is ever a problem.

Mark Hepburn

Artist & Chef
Thanks Mike. Good information!

odie

TOTW Team
Odie, I would be interested in buying this item from you. I've used PayPal when purchasing items from a website using my credit card on file, but I'm unsure how to send a payment to an individual. I looked at the "Pay for Goods or Services" link on the PayPal site and it looks like I need a "name, acct. #, email - or all of the above to proceed…..or do you initiate all this on your end?

Tom......I think Bill is correct, in that all you need is my email address. I'll be sending that to you in a few minutes. I'm holding the Extend-A-Sand for you until we get this figured out.......

My experience is that you choose the option to send money to family or friends. There is no fee to either party. The pay for giods or services results in a fee to the recipient, as it is treated as a commercial transaction.

Ah.....so that's the way it works. Thanks Mark. I recently sold three scrapers, and one of the three included a fee. I was wondering why that was........:confused:

ko

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I'm pretty sure that I recall seeing my transaction as being a personal transaction between family and friends and not a commercial sale. Maybe PayPal monitors activity and decided that Odie doesn't need any more friends. :D

odie

TOTW Team
I'm pretty sure that I recall seeing my transaction as being a personal transaction between family and friends and not a commercial sale. Maybe PayPal monitors activity and decided that Odie doesn't need any more friends. :D

Yeah.......it was only a couple bucks, so no big deal! :D

Tom Gall

TOTW Team
Tom......I think Bill is correct, in that all you need is my email address. I'll be sending that to you in a few minutes. I'm holding the Extend-A-Sand for you until we get this figured out.......

Ah.....so that's the way it works. Thanks Mark. I recently sold three scrapers, and one of the three included a fee. I was wondering why that was........:confused:

ko
Kelly, …. I just sent you an email with all the pertinent information. I sent the payment through PayPal. Apparently there are several options with and without fees. I paid the fee! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back