• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Feedback on Nova 3000

I currently turn on a Jet Mini, and I very much enjoy it. I am considering getting something a little bigger, and I like the looks of the Nova 3000. Not the Nova DVR. I do not want something huge, and I can't afford a Oneway 1224. I want to know if there is anyone out there who had one and I want to know what you think. :cool2:

I've enjoyed mine. Have had it about 4 years. It's for sale as I'm getting a PM3520a. I wanted something larger. I've got a for sale ad pending approval here. It includes the cast iron leg set, but it's local pick up only and located in central Ohio. It's also listed in the classifieds over on WoodCentral.com

Tony

Website
sawsndust.com
Mark Mandell said:
Knew an owner.
She liked it.
Don't forget, the stand's extra.
Actually, the motor is "extra", too...although most retailers use pretty much the same setups for either step pulley or VS configurations.

I've turned on a friend's NOVA out in the Denver area and found it to be a perfectly functional machine and well built. It was a bit more noisy than I was used to, but I quickly was able to tune that out. It's a pretty versatile machine, too, with the avialable bed extension, outboard tool rest support and rotating headstock. But the cost of all those, plus the cost of a stand or time/materials to build one should be taken into consideration when comparing with other options in the $1000-2000 range it fits into. It's also lighter in weight than other 16" swing machines in its class.

Website
www.lasered-stamps.com
The 3000 is an excellent machine. I had mine for about 4 years with no problems and used it to turn 12"-14" bowls, and hollow vessels.
I've tried the DVR model and don't like it. peace.

john lucas

AAW Forum Expert
I had Nova 3000 that I equiped with a Variable Frequency Drive and 3phase motor. I liked it a lot but needed something heavier. I bought the Powermatic 3520A.

Back