1. Join the Go-To Source for Woodturners!

Please read the new sticky announcement here for full details.

Dismiss Notice

Filter interchangeable

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Gerald Lawrence, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Has anyone tried a household MERV 11 filter in a Jet aircleaner. I am thinking that is about the rating of the jet filter but cannot find that info on website.

2. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    A typical application for a MERV 6 filter would be in an industrial workspace. MERV 7 would be a typical better quality residential HVAC filter. MERV 11 would be considered a better quality commercial building. A superior quality residential HVAC filter would be rated MERV 12. You could use a MERV 18 filter if you need the equivalent filtration used in pharmaceutical manufacturing. And, for the ultimate filtration there is MERV 20 used in cleanrooms.

I suspect that the Jet filter is about a 6 or 7.

3. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Thanks Bill. That would be cheaper

4. JeffSmith

JeffSmith

you might check with Wynn Environmental - they make MERV rated filters for industrial, woodworking (most common dc) and ambient air cleaners. All made in USA; they're good people to deal with, too. The nano filter cannister for the HF 2hp dc is MERV 15. I've been using it for 3 or 4 years now with excellent results..
    Not connected with them, just a happy customer that's converted three dc systems to them over the years.

Josh Stevens and Bill Boehme like this.