Filter interchangeable

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by Gerald Lawrence, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Has anyone tried a household MERV 11 filter in a Jet aircleaner. I am thinking that is about the rating of the jet filter but cannot find that info on website.

2. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    A typical application for a MERV 6 filter would be in an industrial workspace. MERV 7 would be a typical better quality residential HVAC filter. MERV 11 would be considered a better quality commercial building. A superior quality residential HVAC filter would be rated MERV 12. You could use a MERV 18 filter if you need the equivalent filtration used in pharmaceutical manufacturing. And, for the ultimate filtration there is MERV 20 used in cleanrooms.

I suspect that the Jet filter is about a 6 or 7.

3. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

Thanks Bill. That would be cheaper

4. JeffSmith

JeffSmith

you might check with Wynn Environmental - they make MERV rated filters for industrial, woodworking (most common dc) and ambient air cleaners. All made in USA; they're good people to deal with, too. The nano filter cannister for the HF 2hp dc is MERV 15. I've been using it for 3 or 4 years now with excellent results..
    Not connected with them, just a happy customer that's converted three dc systems to them over the years.

Josh Stevens and Bill Boehme like this.