• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Finally joined a AAW club!

Website
www.thewoodchip.com
Hi all,

I went and joined the Chicago wood turners tonight and I am looking forward to the next meeting. It was really nice to be around other turners and see what they have done in their shops. I find that this should be a great learning tool. Every one there was very nice and friendly, and I felt very comfortable i there. I just can't wait till next month. So I am going to join the Windy City turners as well so I only have to wait a week.

Loren

A good move on your part. You wouldn't believe how much my turning has improved since I joined clubs and learned from others. I keep an old piece of junk turning around, that I once thought was good, as a reminder.
Welcome to the group.

Back