Forum for critiques

Discussion in 'Woodturning Discussion Forum' started by RichColvin, Nov 5, 2017.

1. RichColvin

RichColvin

I am emerging in my woodturning, & would really like feedback on a few pieces of work now & then. Is there a proper forum for seeking such feedback? By the way, I'm not seeking praise but real insight in how to get better.

Rich

2. Gerald Lawrence

Gerald Lawrence

I would say put it in the main forum. Hope you are thick skinned LOL. Most here will be constructive in their opinions.

3. Tom Albrecht

Tom Albrecht

Good idea, I am about to ask for constructive critiques as well. (I am really dependant on Powdermilk Biscuits)

4. Bill Boehme

Bill Boehme Administrator Staff Member

Home Page:
    .... And, those who aren't will get some time in the cooler to think things over.

That and rhubarb pie. :D

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJAalspaKA

It's an idea worth continued discussion. Whatever future changes we make, I feel that it is important that they convey a feeling of inclusiveness towards all experience levels. For the time being, I agree with Gerald that the Discussion Forum is the appropriate place.

Also, in order to provide a helpful critique it's important that the person let others know where they are in their woodturning journey in order to receive the most helpful feedback. Lastly, it's always difficult to evaluate a turning when looking at a photo. It's hard to separate the need to take good photographs from the degree of help received.

5. john lucas

john lucas

I like it. I would be willing to put my pieces up. I don't mind getting other peoples opinions. It's how you learn. I know I'm always right :) but I would like to hear what other think.