• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Gift membership

J

JimRutten

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I figured someone here would know. My wife and I would like to give AAW memberships to her parents. Is that OK? How would we go about doing it?

hockenbery

Forum MVP
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
www.hockenberywoodturning.com
Jim,
Unless someone has a how to reply,
I think the answer to you question is to call Mary Lacer at the AAW office.
She knows just about everything there is to know about AAW procedures.

If they don't have one for gift memberships she or Eunice Wynn will make one up.

Happy turning,
Al

Website
www.woodturner.org
Calling Mary or Eunice will work. You can also send in the paper form and specify that you want the membership to apply to someone besides yourself. I wouldn't use the online form since there's not an easy way to write that on the form. The paper form is here:
membership forms

Back