• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

GMAIL and user registration

Steve Worcester

Admin Emeritus
Website
www.turningwood.com
The way the registration prowess works it this;
1) You fill out the form with your real name and submit
2) An email is sent to the email address you registered with that you have to click on the link to validate your email address.
3) Once you validate your email address, your request goes into my queue to approve.
4) Assuming you have used your rel name in the registration request, I login and approve it.
5) You are sent an email stating you are approved or rejected.

If you use GMAIL, the validation email is in your junk or SPAM folder and without you validating your Emil address, you will never get approved.

For some reason that I can't figure out, all mail from this site gets sent to my gmail spam folder. Even after I have repeatedly checked "Not Spam".

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
For some reason that I can't figure out, all mail from this site gets sent to my gmail spam folder. Even after I have repeatedly checked "Not Spam".

Are you adding email from aawforum.org to your list of approved senders or are you just marking individual email messages as not spam? If it is the latter, that doesn't change your spam filter settings.

Back