• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Paul May for "Checkerboard (ver 3.0)" being selected as Turning of the Week for March 25, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Home-made Foredom Stand

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
Home-made Foredom Stand

I was wanting to take a pic of the stand I built, but the studio has been a mess of late. I 'lost' one of my new Typhoon bits right in the middle of working on a piece. I figured that I blew it on the floor with compressed air. Anyway, after much vacuuming, and checking the waste cans with a big magnet, I of course found the cutter in the back of the bit box... but the studio got cleaned, so I snapped a pic of the hanger.

I did not like the commercial units - too flimsy. I made this one from Home Depot pipe.

shopping list (all 1/2 pipe fittings:

1 floor flange
2 12 inch lengths pipe
2 5 inch length pipe
1 T fitting
1 coupler fitting
2 end caps

Parts were under 20 bucks and it will last forever.

Attachments

• IMG_1731.jpg
    IMG_1731.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 183
Very nice! "Imagination is the mother of invention", or perhaps in this case four trips to the store is. Enjoy using it. :D:D
Ron

John Van Domelen

Retired Forum Admin
Guilty... :D

Ebay -I have four Foredoms and a knock-off brand - don't wanna be dead in the water if I snap a flexshaft, the 1/4 burrs push these tools, though they don't complain, but a catch could snap the cable. Besides, I paid less than the cost of a new one for all of these.

Back