• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Honing Wheel - thank yous!

I'd like to thank www.davidreedsmith.com and Bill Noble www.wbnoble.com, for help in creating an MDF honing wheel for the outboard spindle on my General 260. After I saw the write up on David Reed Smith's website, I called around trying to find a faceplate with left handed threads. Very pricey! I wrote to Bill and he suggested I just punch a 1" hole in the center and thread the glued up MDF and hard maple onto the spindle. It worked. More importantly it is a quick and easy application for honing gouges and skews with jewelers' rouge.
Thanks again

Back