• We just finished moving the forums to a new hosting server. It looks like everything is functioning correctly but if you find a problem please report it in the Forum Technical Support Forum (click here) or email us at forum_moderator AT aawforum.org. Thanks!
  • Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Dave Roberts for "2 Hats" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 22, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

Lost thread

Bill Boehme

Administrator
Staff member
Beta Tester
TOTW Team
Website
pbase.com
I deleted it. The link to your club's web site was incorrect. But, more importantly is that we don't allow the initial post in a thread to link to businesses. This is different from a situation where you would be answering a question and providing links to businesses relevant to the question. The AAW already has a list of vendors for the symposium in Kansas City on the AAW main site. I recognize that your list was different because it provided links to vendor web sites while there aren't any links on the AAW main site. Since the AAW is a 501 (c)(3) organization it is important to avoid even the appearance of commercial interests.

Bill, I understand where you are coming from, but I did this for the benefit of the members more than for the venders even though I think it shows poor support of the venders on the part of the AAW not to have links to vender web sites.

"initial post." so if the OP wanted to post the link to the business in a subsequent post it'd be kosher?

Back