• Beware of Counterfeit Woodturning Tools (click here for details)
  • Johnathan Silwones is starting a new AAW chapter, Southern Alleghenies Woodturners, in Johnstown, PA. (click here for details)
  • Congratulations to Keven Jesequel for "Big Leaf Maple" being selected as Turning of the Week for April 15, 2024 (click here for details)
  • Welcome new registering member. Your username must be your real First and Last name (for example: John Doe). "Screen names" and "handles" are not allowed and your registration will be deleted if you don't use your real name. Also, do not use all caps nor all lower case.

mini lathe sale price

I think the 1442 is the lathe of choice...I want to sell my 2 yr old Jet mini, it is in excellent condition...what is a fair asking price?....someone said 60 percent of orig....is that a good price to sell it for?...have the orig accessories that came with it, and 3 homemade tool rests for it...tks for input...Dennis

My advice would be to not sell it unless you have to have the money. Being able to step from lathe to lathe can be great and the mini will serve you for many years as a second lathe.

IMHO,
Dietrich

defering cost

selling mini to help defer cost of 1442...that is the reason to sell it, that and a small shop, so run is a problem also....any further input is appreciated...Dennis

50 - 60 % of retail for average condition. Ask more if you have kept it mint. (or can make it look mint)

Then set up paypal, and post it on ebay with the starting price of 50% retail. If you post a good description, with good pictures and don't mind boxing and shipping it that is the fastest way to go. Remember to set that the buyer pays shipping and insurance on bids over $100. (UPS covers insurance up to $100).

Keep the jet mini

I kept my jet mini when I purchased the jet 1442. And I use the mini fairly often. I use it to turn pens and pencils; I also bought a set of Beall buffs and the mandrel with a #2 morse taper - this was a lot less expensive than the cost of a complete Beall buff system. Most of the time the mini is set up as a Beall buffer.

Doghouse said:
50 - 60 % of retail for average condition. Ask more if you have kept it mint. (or can make it look mint)
the problem with asking that much is it will be on sale most of this fall at wood craft for $199.99 (or so I was told) then if you figure shipping costs most people (or those brains enough to shop around) will go out and buy a brand new one.

dennis,

i have a jet mini as well, what size are your home made tool rests..?

i may be interested in those..

thanks
pete

Back